TPP has provided some rules for drinking safety before, and woe be to those who violate them. First and foremost, don't drink anything with a funny name or funny color. Clearly here is a case where breaking that rule had tragic consequences. Any local hooch that includes a plant hallucinogen (and they are toxic) that is laced with DEET cannot be good for you. Yes, you read that correctly: DEET! Sounds pretty repellant, but in this instance the combination was apparently deadly. Enjoy the beach, people, but stick with bottles of Singha beer.